Discoveries in Gaming and Computer-Mediated Simulations: New Interdisciplinary Applications
Release Date: May, 2011. Copyright © 2011. 436 pages.
You must have an IGI Global account before adding an e-book to your shopping cart.
In Stock. Have it as soon as Aug. 1 with express shipping*.
DOI: 10.4018/978-1-60960-565-0, ISBN13: 9781609605650, ISBN10: 1609605659, EISBN13: 9781609605667
Recent advancements have put Gaming and Computer-Mediated Simulations at the forefront of technology and learning. A closer look at these topic areas opens the door for development and innovation and the implications that go with it.
Discoveries in Gaming and Computer-Mediated Simulations: New Interdisciplinary Applications explores and promotes a deep conceptual and empirical understanding of the roles of electronic games and computer-mediated simulations across multiple disciplines. This book helps build a significant bridge between research and practice on electronic gaming and simulations, supporting the work of researchers, practitioners, and policymakers. Drawing on history allows this publication to help move this field forward.
Table of Contents and List of Contributors
Search this Book:
Patrick O’Shea, Rebecca Mitchell, Catherine Johnston, Chris Dede
Utilizing GPS-enabled handheld computing units, we have developed and studied Augmented Reality (AR) curricula to help middle-school students learn...
Erik W. Black, Richard E. Ferdig, Joseph C. DiPietro, Feng Liu, Baird Whalen
Video games are becoming more popular; there has been a particular rise in interest and use of massively multiplayer online roleplaying games...
- Cognitive, social, and emotional impact of games and simulations
- Critical reviews and meta-analyses of existing game and simulation literature
- Current and future trends, technologies, and strategies related to game, simulation development, and implementation
- Electronic games and simulations in government, business, and the workforce
- Electronic games and simulations in teaching and learning
- Frameworks to understand the societal and cultural impacts of games and simulations
- Impact of game and simulation development use on race and gender game and simulation design
- Innovative and current research methods and methodologies to study electronic games and simulations
- Psychological aspects of gaming
- Teaching of games and simulations at multiple age and grade levels