Electronic Globalized Business and Sustainable Development Through IT Management: Strategies and Perspectives
Release Date: August, 2010. Copyright © 2011. 286 pages.
You must have an IGI Global account before adding an e-book to your shopping cart.
In Stock. Have it as soon as Oct. 30 with express shipping*.
ISBN13: 9781615206230, ISBN10: 161520623X, EISBN13: 9781615206247
The need for the collaboration and exploitation of synergies is crucial in a world where traditional business practices are reconsidered, economic activity is performed in a global context, and new areas of economic development are recognized as the key enablers of wealth and income production.
Electronic Globalized Business and Sustainable Development Through IT Management: Strategies and Perspectives provides fresh ideas on how IT and modern management can contribute to societal and economic objectives, and the significant role of IT for global challenges and international collaboration. This book aims to bring together academics, researchers, entrepreneurs, policy makers and government officers to contribute to the debate on sustainable development and strategic management through Information Technology.
Table of Contents and List of Contributors
Search this Book:
Patricia Ordóñez de Pablos, Miltiadis Lytras, Waldemar Karwowski, Rongbin W.B. Lee
Robert D. Tennyson
Improving learning in a global environment is major goal for advanced technology growth. Web-based instructional systems offer learners simultaneous...
List Price: $37.50
Jussi Kantola, Waldemar Karwowski, Hannu Vanharanta
In this chapter, the authors address a new management methodology that attempts to enhance understanding of organizational resources to all...
List Price: $37.50
Reviews and Testimonials
This book is timely responding to the high demand of our society to adopt Emerging Technologies in all the aspects of Business and Economic activity towards innovative solutions to research problems and high performance systems.
– Miltiadis D. Lytras, CTI, Greece; Patricia Ordoñez de Pablos, University of Oviedo, Spain; Rongbin W. B. Lee, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong; & Waldemar Karwowsk, University of Central Florida, USA
- Design Strategies for Improved Online Instructional Systems
- E-Marketing Practices as Tool for Globalisation
- Electronic Games and Adult Learning
- Engaging Learning Models with ICTs
- Evolute Methodology
- Fuzzy Cognitive Maps in IT Management and Risk Analysis
- Global Environment and B2B Relationships
- Human Factors in Knowledge Management
- Simulation Technologies in Global Leaning
- Social Computing In Business Model Innovation
In a world where traditional business practices are reconsidered, economic activity is performed in a global context, new areas of economic development are recognized as the key enablers of wealth and income production, and the quest for collaboration and exploitation of synergies is recognized as an Information Technologies Primer, this book brings together academics, researchers, entrepreneurs, policy makers and government officers aiming to contribute to the debate on Sustainable Development and Strategic Management through Information Technology.
This book is timely responding to the high demand of our society to adopt Emerging Technologies in all the aspects of Business and Economic activity towards innovative solutions to research problems and high performance systems. The key characteristic of the book is that brings together the experts of the IT industry, IT practitioners and researchers in High Tech Research centres and Academia promoting a sound contribution to the IT literacy as demanded by real users.
The book has a clear editing strategy:
- To be the reference edition for all those interested on the strategic role of IT and Management towards sustainable development [with main emphasis to be paid on practical aspects].
- To be the reference edition for all those (policy makers, government officers, academics and practitioners) interested in understanding Business and Globalization.
- To become a reference edition for people thirsty for globalised electronic business, sustained development and Information Systems.
The proposed book with the presented strategy will:
- Provides fresh ideas on how IT and Modern Management can contribute to societal and economic objectives.
- Shows the significant role of IT for Global Challenges and International Collaboration.
- Exploits synergies between disciplines and cultures.
- Influence the way theory meets practice and creates business opportunity and wealth.
- Illustrates how IT can support humanistic visions, etc.
The audience for this book is:
- Policy Makers
- Government officers
- Corporate heads of firms
- Senior general managers
- Managing directors
- Board directors
- Academics and researchers in the field both in universities and business schools
- Information technology directors and managers
- Quality managers and directors
- Human resource directors
- Libraries and information centers serving the needs of the above