Take your research with you. Download the InfoSci-Dictionary mobile application to freely search a wealth of published research materials right from your mobile device.
-Dictionary is unrivalled among scholarly publishers. InfoSci®
-Dictionary is continuously updated to include definitions from our latest reference book releases, so that it contains the most relevant industry terms as the field of technology grows. At this time, IGI Global's InfoSci®
-Dictionary includes over 80,000 easy-to-reference definitions supported by published research from over 50 countries and hundreds of disciplines.
- Expanding Term and Definition Coverage
Over 43,000 terms and more than 80,000 definitions related to all aspects of information science and technology. Updates continuously as new terms and definitions are published.
- Unlimited Simultaneous Access
No limits as to how many concurrent users are logged in and using the content simultaneously. Full-text PDF viewing that allows copy, paste and printing capabilities.
- Discounted Pricing
Variety of pricing options: perpetual, current year, and annual subscriptions available. Priced at a fraction of the combined print value of included publications. For more information about pricing, title lists and consortium discounts, please contact email@example.com or (717) 533-8845 ext. 100.
- A collection of over 43,000 terms and 80,000 definitions related to all aspects of information science and technology
- No embargo of content included in the dictionary
- Unlimited simultaneous access 24/7 with no limitations
- Precise search and retrieval through definitions that link back to chapter-level abstracts
- Updated continuously as new terms and definitions are published
- Unrivalled among scholarly publishers in coverage of cutting-edge research
- Annual subscription option available with all updates included in the annual cost
- Discounts for consortia and other multi-site groups
- Provides access to cutting-edge terminology in diverse fields, ensuring the research is directly relevant to your research needs and interests.
- Updated continuously as new IGI Global books go to press (no embargo of content included in the database
- Full-text PDF viewing
- All content housed on one platform, personalized to your institution
- Customized Librarian Corner with exclusive administration tools
- Persistent URLs
- COUNTER4 compliant usage statistics
- Complimentary downloadable MARC records
- Advanced, XML-powered, full-text search engine with increased search speed and ranked results
- Spell-check and auto-complete search suggestions
- The ability to search by content or product type and sort by relevance, title and copyright year
- RSS feed functionality notifies librarians when new MARC records become available
- APA-, MLA-, and Chicago-style formatted citations, as well as the ability to export to RefWorks and EasyBib
- Supporting SRU Industry Interoperability Standards
An Essential Resource For:
- Academics, researchers, and practitioners in computer science and information technology management and a wealth of other fields impacted by technology
- Students and teachers
- Distance and online learning practitioners
- Business professionals
- Medical personnel
- And more…
"And for a field that changes as rapidly as information science and technology, this resource can be a very nice addition, or alternative to print, for any academic reference collection. Summing Up: Recommended. Lower-level undergraduates and above."
- CHOICE, Vol. 45, No. 3
-Dictionary is available for annual subscription. All updates to the database during the year of subscription are included in the annual fee.
For inquiries regarding pricing, list of titles, and consortium discount information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or (717) 533-8845 ext. 100.