-Government is a fully-searchable database that provides access to all chapters included in IGI Global books that have been published in the core subject area of public policy and administration. InfoSci®
-Government includes the work of hundreds of top scholars, and is a unique and unmatched benefit to your library.
- Comprehensive Collection
Collection of over 2,300 full-text chapters from over 90 scholarly books.
- Unlimited Simultaneous Access
No limits as to how many concurrent users are logged in and using the content simultaneously. Full-text PDF viewing that allows copy, paste and printing capabilities.
- Discounted Pricing
Variety of pricing options: perpetual, current year, and annual subscriptions available. Priced at a fraction of the combined print value of included publications. For more information about pricing, title lists and consortium discounts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 533-8845 ext. 100.
- Developing Countries
- Digital Divide
- Crisis Response and Management
- Electronic Government
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Law and Policy
- Public and Sector Management
- Urban and Regional Development
- Over 2,300 full-text chapters from 90+ scholarly books
- Downloadable full-text research in PDF and XML formats, including a plethora of citations to explore
- No embargo of content included in the database
- MARC records available at no charge
- Unlimited simultaneous access 24/7
- Precise search and retrieval through chapter-level abstracts and indexing
- Updated continuously as new IGI Global books go to press
- Electronic version of all documents available before print release
- Unrivalled among scholarly publishers in coverage of research on government
- Perpetual, current-year purchase, and annual subscription options available
- Discounts for consortia and other multi-site groups
- Priced at a fraction of the combined print value
- Provides access to unique collections of cutting-edge, peer-reviewed reference works in diverse fields, ensuring the research is directly relevant to your research needs and interests.
- Updated continuously as new IGI Global books go to press (no embargo of content included in the database
- Full-text PDF viewing
- All content housed on one platform, personalized to your institution
- Customized Librarian Corner with exclusive administration tools
- Persistent URLs
- COUNTER compliant usage statistics
- Complimentary downloadable MARC records
- Advanced, XML-powered, full-text search engine with increased search speed and ranked results
- Spell-check and auto-complete search suggestions
- The ability to search by content or product type and sort by relevance, title and copyright year
- RSS feed functionality notifies librarians when new MARC records become available
- APA-, MLA-, and Chicago-style formatted citations, as well as the ability to export to RefWorks and EasyBib
- Supporting SRU Industry Interoperability Standards
An Essential Resource For:
- Public administrators
- Business professionals
- Environmental professionals
- And more…
"A major strength of the database is a common repository of these publications that hasn't existed before this time. Previously, there was no way to access this information without subscribing to all the journals, buying all the books, and obtaining conference proceedings. As a result, many important articles have not been cited as relevant research in other publications. More importantly, collaborative opportunities have been lost because of the lack of information dissemination. I think that students would be able to obtain timely and critical information to research projects, especially at the PhD and Masters level of study. The search mechanism is very easy to use, and as such, many different searches can be done in a relatively short time period. As a result, a student (and researcher) will be able to conduct a broad review of current and past research in a particular area. The timeliness of information is improved because publications can be made accessible before the paper copy is received in the mail. In the past, one had to wait for the distribution of journals to gain access to them (in a library setting, or university distribution center this may take longer than one would think). The online system means access to information anywhere and at any time. This is critical for many researchers who are working at home, in the office, or perhaps even abroad."
- Shirley A. Becker, PhD, Northern Arizona University
"This database is excellent for locating a wide range of documents which will be of use to me and my students."
- Susan Myburgh, PhD, University of South Australia, Australia
"It's really provides an excellent entry into the research literature of the field. It presents a manageable number of highly relevant sources on topics of interest to a wide range of researchers. The sources are scholarly, but also accessible to 'practitioners'."
- Lisa Stimatz, MLS, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
"Recommended. A supplement to libraries’ information sciences collection."
- CHOICE, Vol. 45, No. 2
Subscription and perpetual access pricing is available for InfoSci®-Government. Annual subscriptions to InfoSci®-Government for colleges and universities are based on the institution's "Relevant FTE" - meaning the number of likely users at the institution, as reported by the customer, of content in the covered subject area(s). Flexible pricing allows this database to be an excellent addition to your library, regardless of the size of your institution. Please visit our purchasing
page to subscribe to a database, request a free quote, or start a free 30 day trial.
IGI Global's perpetual access pricing is a one-time fee that represents a fraction of the combined print value of the collection and allows an institution to purchase perpetual access to research added to the database from the year 2000 through the end of the current calendar year. Each subsequent year of releases can then be purchased for additional one-time fees. There are no access or hosting fees associated with IGI Global perpetual purchases.
For inquiries regarding pricing, list of titles, and consortium discount information, please contact email@example.com
or (717) 533-8845 ext. 100.