Role of Big Data in Continuous Improvement Environments: A Reflection on The Relationship

Role of Big Data in Continuous Improvement Environments: A Reflection on The Relationship

Brian J. Galli (Assistant Professor and Graduate Program Director, Master of Science in Engineering Management Industrial Engineering, Hofstra University, USA)
Copyright: © 2019 |Pages: 20
DOI: 10.4018/IJAL.2019010104

Abstract

Innovation technologies are used for consistent and continuous improvement, as well as for examining past executions in business. Furthermore, obtaining numerous bits of knowledge about a business can help to influence planning and future choices. A way to create connections between various data points is through big data. Currently, business processes face many challenges because of technological headway and information age. Since big data has grown and become so popular, it is possible to apply it to unique and conventional business associations. Additionally, if big data is used to meet the business's needs, then it can yield organizational changes in infrastructure and real-world improvement. Through big data, analysts can reveal continuous improvement methods and a performance measurement system in data administration, as well as management, transactions, and convey central leadership.
Article Preview
Top

Background And Benefits Of Big Data

With big data, one can more easily understand distinctive viewpoints and time applicable implementations with estimations of the past, present, and future. To determine detailed continuous real-time information and significant data, big data dissects thoughtfulness. It may be difficult and complicated to understand because of its unique operations and real-time data tracking, but any business decision requires the precision of information. For example, investigators apply 80% of their energy to recover and manage information, but the remaining 20% is for using that data and breaking it down for central leadership.

Complete Article List

Search this Journal:
Reset
Open Access Articles
Volume 10: 2 Issues (2020): 1 Released, 1 Forthcoming
Volume 9: 2 Issues (2019)
Volume 8: 2 Issues (2018)
Volume 7: 2 Issues (2017)
Volume 6: 2 Issues (2016)
Volume 5: 2 Issues (2014)
Volume 4: 4 Issues (2013)
Volume 3: 4 Issues (2012)
Volume 2: 4 Issues (2011)
Volume 1: 4 Issues (2010)
View Complete Journal Contents Listing