Analysis of Housing for Rent in Borderlands: A Case Study Approach From the Iberian Peninsula

Analysis of Housing for Rent in Borderlands: A Case Study Approach From the Iberian Peninsula

Jacinto Garrido Velarde (Universidad de Extremadura, Spain), Betina Cavaco de São Pedro (Universidad de Extremadura, Spain) and Consuelo Mora (Fundicotex, Spain)
DOI: 10.4018/978-1-7998-2513-5.ch007
OnDemand PDF Download:
Available
$37.50
No Current Special Offers
TOTAL SAVINGS: $37.50

Abstract

The current problems in the construction, sale, purchase, offer, or search of housing, present questions about the future of the real estate market, questions that will have to be possible solutions in the medium and long term. This document proposes obtaining primary information through “Opinion survey aimed at the population on housing and its influence on the land market,” through an applied methodology and variables associated with the survey. This chapter elaborates a methodological proposal to analyze the situation of the houses for rent in the border city of Badajoz to provide a document of support to the professionals and technicians who are dedicated to the territory and urban planning, to solve the problems about the construction, sale, purchase, offer, or search of housing.
Chapter Preview
Top

Materials And Methods

The sample is composed of 200 individuals, where 71.6% are registered and 28.4% are floating population.

Of the 200 people surveyed, 55% belong to the female sex; and, 45%, male.

98% of the population surveyed are of Spanish nationality; the rest of the population, 2%, corresponds to people of different nationality from the Spanish; Among them, the majority are Brazilian, Portuguese and Cuban nationals.

Civil Status

In Figure 1 below on the marital status of the Badajoz respondents, 47.6% of the surveyed population is single; 42.9% are married (or are in fact partners); 5.4% belong to the group of divorced or separated; and 4.1% are widowers.

Figure 1.

Marital status of respondents from Badajoz.

978-1-7998-2513-5.ch007.f01

Complete Chapter List

Search this Book:
Reset