Business, Administration, and ManagementCommunications and Social ScienceComputer Science, Security, and Information TechnologyEngineering, Natural, and Physical ScienceLibrary Science, Information Studies, and EducationMedicine, Healthcare, and Life Science Top
-Disciplines is IGI Global’s latest collection of progressive databases. This product line allows institutions to choose from four discipline-focused databases, each focusing on specialized topics in over 200 studies, including education, technology, business, medicine, and engineering. They are meant to offer a cost-effective option to libraries to purchase either an annual subscription or perpetual access to all of IGI-Global’s e-books within a specific discipline, without paying the full cost for each individual title. All four databases within this collection can be accessed through the award winning InfoSci®
database platform which offers precise search and retrieval, unlimited simultaneous access, full-text PDFs, an XML reader, very liberal DRM, and long-term preservation.
- Comprehensive Collection
Each collection contains over 610 titles related to specific subject areas.
- Unlimited Simultaneous Access
No limits as to how many concurrent users are logged in and using the content simultaneously. Full-text PDF viewing that allows copy, paste and printing capabilities.
- Discounted Pricing
Perpetual, current year, and annual subscriptions available. Request a quote, or start a free 30 day trial today!
- Business and Management
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Environmental Science and Technologies
- Library and Information Science
- Media and Communications
- Medicine, Healthcare, and Life Sciences
- Public Policy and Administration
- Security and Forensics
- Social Science
- More than one million reference citations for further research
- No embargo of content included in the database
- MARC records available at no charge
- Unlimited simultaneous access 24/7 with no limitations
- Precise search and retrieval through chapter-level abstracts and indexing
- Updated continuously as new IGI Global books go to press
- Electronic version of all documents available before print release
- Unrivalled among scholarly publishers in coverage of academic research
- Perpetual, current-year purchase, and annual subscription options available
- Discounts for consortia and other multi-site groups
- Priced at a fraction of the combined print value!
- Provides access to unique groups of cutting-edge peer-reviewed reference books in specific applied technology disciplines, ensuring the research is directly relevant to your interest area.
- Updated continuously as new IGI Global books go to press (no embargo of content included in the database
- Full-text PDF viewing
- All content housed on one platform, personalized to your institution
- Customized Librarian Corner with exclusive administration tools
- Persistent URLs
- COUNTER compliant usage statistics
- Complimentary downloadable MARC records
- Advanced, XML-powered, full-text search engine with increased search speed and ranked results
- Spell-check and auto-complete search suggestions
- The ability to search by content or product type and sort by relevance, title and copyright year
- RSS feed functionality notifies librarians when new MARC records become available
- APA-, MLA-, and Chicago-style formatted citations, as well as the ability to export to RefWorks and EasyBib
- Supporting SRU Industry Interoperability Standards
An Essential Resource For:
- Business Professionals
- IT Professionals
- Medical Personnel
"Recommended. A supplement to libraries' information sciences collection."
- CHOICE, Vol. 45, Number 2
Subscription and perpetual access pricing is available for InfoSci®-Disciplines. Annual subscriptions to InfoSci®-Disciplines for colleges and universities are based on the institution's "Relevant FTE" - meaning the number of likely users at the institution, as reported by the customer, of content in the covered subject area(s). Flexible pricing allows this database to be an excellent addition to your library, regardless of the size of your institution. Please visit our purchasing
page to subscribe to a database, request a free quote, or start a free 30 day trial.
IGI Global's perpetual access pricing is a one-time fee that represents a fraction of the combined print value of the collection and allows an institution to purchase perpetual access to research added to the database from the year 2000 through the end of the current calendar year. Each subsequent year of releases can then be purchased for additional one-time fees. There are no access or hosting fees associated with IGI Global perpetual purchases.
For inquiries regarding pricing, list of titles, and consortium discount information, please contact email@example.com
or (717) 533-8845 ext. 100.