Actor-Network Theory and Technology Innovation: Advancements and New Concepts
Release Date: November, 2010. Copyright © 2011. 328 pages.
You must have an IGI Global account before adding an e-book to your shopping cart.
In Stock. Have it as soon as May. 27 with express shipping*.
DOI: 10.4018/978-1-60960-197-3, ISBN13: 9781609601973, ISBN10: 1609601971, EISBN13: 9781609601997
About 25 years ago, the first developments of ANT (Actor-Network Theory) took place, but it wasn’t until much later that researchers began to take it seriously. In the late 1990s, ANT began to take hold in the scientific community as a new and exciting approach to socio-technical research and social theory.
Actor-Network Theory and Technology Innovation: Advancements and New Concepts provides a comprehensive look at the development of actor-network theory itself, as well as case studies of its use to assist in the explanation of various socio-technical phenomena. This book includes topics relating to technological innovation; both those using actor-network theory as an explanatory framework and those using other approaches. It is an excellent source of information regarding ANT as an approach to technological innovation and its link to ICT (Information Communication Technology).
Table of Contents and List of Contributors
Search this Book:
Lorna Uden (Staffordshire University, UK), Janet Francis (Staffordshire University, UK)
Our economy is becoming more and more service-oriented, with distinctions between services and non-services making less and less sense. In today’s society, innovatio...
Lars Linden (Department of MIS, University of Central Florida, Orlando, USA), Carol Saunders (Department of MIS, University of Central Florida, Orlando, USA)
In June 2007, with the impending release of a revised version of the GNU General Public License (GPLv3), Linux kernel developers discussed the possibility of changin...
Tiko Iyamu (Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa), Arthur Tatnall (Victoria University, Australia)
Organisations’ reliance on Information Technology (IT) is rapidly increasing. IT strategy is developed and implemented for particular purposes by different organizat...
Reviews and Testimonials
Actor-Network Theory and Technology Innovation is another solid volume in the Premier Reference Source Series. It is also a very valuable resource on ANT research and shows how the ANT framework can be used as an approach to technological innovation. Furthermore, is shows the link between ANT, technological innovation, and information communication technology.
– Madely du Preez, University of South Africa, Online Information Review , Vol. 36, No. 2, 2012.
- Analytical frameworks that build on, and go beyond ANT
- ANT research methods and the conduct of ANT research
- ANT to investigate the implementation and use of information and communication technologies
- Comparison of the various different approaches to framing technological innovation
- Development, evaluations, criticisms, and triumphs of ANT
- Ecological models of innovation
- Innovation diffusion
- Innovation translation as an approach to explaining technological innovation
- The use of ANT for investigating technological applications
- Use of ANT in the investigation of historical examples of technological innovation