Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, Third Edition (10 Volumes)
Release Date: July, 2014. Copyright © 2015. 10384 pages.
You must have an IGI Global account before adding an e-book to your shopping cart.
DOI: 10.4018/978-1-4666-5888-2, ISBN13: 9781466658882, ISBN10: 1466658886, EISBN13: 9781466658899
Information acquisition and management has always had a profound impact on societal and organizational progression. However, as computing dramatically advances the level of intelligence associated with management technologies, the breadth of their dispersal, and ultimately the impact of the information itself, the utilization and management of information science and technology also gains profound importance. This change-driven environment creates a critical need for a comprehensive, up-to-date reference encompassing the full range of concepts, issues, methods, technologies, and trends associated with the field.
The Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, Third Edition is a 10-volume compilation of authoritative, research-based articles contributed by thousands of researchers and experts from all over the world. This discipline-defining encyclopedia will serve research needs in numerous fields that are affected by the rapid pace and substantial impact of technological change. With an emphasis on modern issues and the presentation of potential opportunities, prospective solutions, and future directions in the field, it is a relevant and essential addition to any academic library’s reference collection.
Table of Contents and List of Contributors
Content coming soon!
Reviews and Testimonials
One of the biggest events in the global publishing market, this 10-volume encyclopedia is a compendium of knowledge about the complex issues related to ICT. Both an academic textbook and cookbook for practitioners operating in this area, it was developed by experts from around the world. Dr. Mehdi Khosrow-Pour managed the work, which guarantees a high quality development. Presented knowledge will be useful especially for students: economics, management, engineering, production, and students of MBA and other postgraduate studies, as well as for managers and employees in all types of organizations. The book is written in plain language and does not require special preparation to understand its contents. Its advantage is the actuality of issues relating to the teachings of ICT.
– Professor Jerzy Kisielnicki, Warsaw University, Poland
The Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology (3rd Edition) is not just for academics and government executives. CIOs and managers of major information systems will find tremendous value, as will their counterparts in the commercial sector. In addition, MBA students as well as project management and IT students will appreciate discovering the unique comprehensive coverage and up-to-date definitions of the most important issues, concepts, trends and technologies in IS and IT. The Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology 3rd Edition, don’t try to understand the present IS&T world without it.
– Professor James A. Rodger, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, USA
This book is an overall encyclopedia of all encyclopedias in Information Science and Technology. It has the broadest coverage, the deepest analysis, and the farthest foresight in the field of information science.
– Dr. John Wang, Professor of Information and Decision Sciences, Montclair State University, USA
- Accounting and Finance
- Civil Engineering
- Clinical Science and Technologies
- Computer Engineering
- Data Analysis and Statistics
- Digital Communications and Linguistics
- Electronic Government
- Environmental Science and Agriculture
- Global Information Technology
- Health Information Systems
- Hospitality, Travel, and Tourism Management
- Human Resources Development
- Industrial Informatics
- Information Resources Management
- Knowledge Management
- Library Science and Administration
- Management Science
- Mobile and Wireless Computing
- Networking and Telecommunications
- Political Science
- Social Networking and Computing
- Systems and Software Engineering
- Virtual Learning Environments
- Web Technologies
- Ari-Veikko Anttiroiko, University of Tampere, Finland
- Annie Becker, Florida Institute of Technology, USA
- Shirley Federovich, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA
- In Lee, Western Illinois University, USA
- James Rodger, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Lawrence Tomei, Robert Morris University, USA
- John Wang, Montclair State University, USA
- Liudong Xing, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, USA